5/12(Tue)Feeling Desperate?Don't Worry.NoOneCanTell(Kooper)

Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 970
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: 5/12(Tue)Feeling Desperate?Don't Worry.NoOneCanTell(Koop

文章 Luis Ko »

Rock 寫:Cool! I think Kooper can answer your question, but most of us can't. (How do you say this sentence in really strong British accent?) :lol:
just wanted to know if the sentence makes sense, "anxious daters perceived just as much interest in other potential dates as the more confident group."?

by the way, guess i can say that in British accent.. /kæn/&/kɑːnt/ haaa~ 8)
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

文章 Michael-liu »

I listened to the audio again, and it does sound like "perceived"
However, "daters perceived as much interest " doesn't make sense. If perceive is used, it should be "daters are perceived as....." However, even if you use perceive, "daterrs are perceived as much interest" still does not make sense

So, I think receive is the right word
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 970
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

文章 Luis Ko »

Michael-liu 寫:I listened to the audio again, and it does sound like "perceived"
However, "daters perceived as much interest " doesn't make sense. If perceive is used, it should be "daters are perceived as....." However, even if you use perceive, "daterrs are perceived as much interest" still does not make sense

So, I think receive is the right word
yeah, what you said was what i had thought at the very beginning. however, when listened more carefully i couldn't hear any sound like "from" instead "in", and then i found this, perceive verb [T] (SEE) › to see something or someone, or to notice something that is obvious, "I perceived a note of unhappiness in her voice.". that's why i wondered.

anyway, it's not important. just for your information lo~ :lol:
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Wow, you guys are really serious about listening! :sun:
回覆文章