03/28 (Sat) The Engine of Innovation (Host: Shirley Hsu)

回覆文章
Shirley Hsu
YOYO member
文章: 35
註冊時間: 週日 8月 03, 2014 8:43 pm

03/28 (Sat) The Engine of Innovation (Host: Shirley Hsu)

文章 Shirley Hsu »

The Engine of Innovation (Host: Shirley Hsu)

Session I:
Crashed landing on river Manhattan‏

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSPsrhCPt-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUHCmG0 ... e=youtu.be

As you can see this Us Airway pilot was so calm and overcame the crisis without any mental struggling and suffering. This kind great calamity always releases such a provocation and triggers the survivors to review the attitude of their lives. Obviously, it is a natural and conceivable perception. We really need some time to stay still and review our attitude without any traumatic provocation, shall we?

Questions:

1. Do you agree that this US Airway pilot is a cool and quick-witted man? Do you think that he is a happy man or an unhappy man?
Do you believe that a happy man has more of a chance to overcome a crisis?

2. People should start to enjoy every moment they have after experiencing such a traumatic and close-to-death event.
Why? Is it because most people in this world are mediocre and not wise enough?

3. Do wise men or happy men enjoy life more?
Do you have this kind of people around you?

4. Most Taiwanese prepare themselves to travel and enjoy life if they are rich or retired.
Are you one of them? If you are, tell us why!
Can you change that? If you can’t, tell us why?

Session II:
Innovative shows:

Don’t be sad, no matter what is happening to you.
Don’t be sad, no matter how low your salary is.
Don’t be sad, no matter how many lousy officers run this government.
Enjoy these innovative videos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHMvIf094iI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9ju80SMWZY

1. Do you agree that the more you surround yourself with happy people, the more sense of humor and innovation you will have?
Do you agree that happy people are more creative and humorous?
Or, wealthy people are more creative and humorous?

2. Do you believe that stress, sorrow, regret and hate are killing people’s innovation and sense of humor? Is there someone you know that is trapped in this kind of situation?

3. The older I get, the happier I am. Or I am older, but not wiser.
Which one are you? If you are not happier and not wiser than you were before, tell us why!

4. Do you prefer to live in a northern European country or live in ISIS? Which kind of country would help make your dreams come true and develop innovation?

5. One well-known person once said: “Youth is no guarantee of innovation.”
Who was the person? And, do you agree that?

********************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
3:45 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 4:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
5:15 ~ 5:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements
********************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:請準時 4:00 pm 到 ~ 約 6:30 pm 左右結束
星期六聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
1. 文章是否需要列印請自行斟酌,但與會者請務必自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備2~3分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表1~2分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以5到10句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
Lawrencenz Cheng
文章: 43
註冊時間: 週二 9月 09, 2014 2:07 pm

Re: 03/28 (Sat) The Engine of Innovation (Host: Shirley Hsu)

文章 Lawrencenz Cheng »

This pilot was extremely calm with skillful crash landing to save lives.

Yes, we should check our bucket list from time to time.
But, people usually don't. Too busy to do so, or too blind to do so? Ha ha ha..... :D :o :P
Don’t miss anything in your bucket list ………

The videos are super creative in the Session II.
I’ve not seen any Taiwanese products like those yet………
Maybe, you are the one who would create such fantastic works later on.
Maybe, sometings are amazing in your bucket list.
Tina Sun
YOYO member
文章: 414
註冊時間: 週三 10月 02, 2013 3:23 pm

文章 Tina Sun »

I want to enjoy life now because I don't think i will be rich some day..... :disappointed: and it will be too late to wait for retirement.... I know I will be less energetic when I am older.... :ccry: Gotta no strength to enjoy my life in this colorful world.
頭像
toshi
YOYO member
文章: 1383
註冊時間: 週日 7月 27, 2008 8:26 pm
聯繫:

文章 toshi »

Tina Sun 寫:I want to enjoy life now because I don't think i will be rich some day..... :disappointed: and it will be too late to wait for retirement.... I know I will be less energetic when I am older.... :ccry: Gotta no strength to enjoy my life in this colorful world.
Dear Tina,

Well, the past has past while the future will never come!! Surely we can only enjoy our life "now"!! ^^

Cheers,
Toshi
隨你所喜
或酒、或詩、或是喜!
Lawrencenz Cheng

文章 Lawrencenz Cheng »

Attendee:
Lawrence (host -- the replacement/ Shirley was occupied today.)
Amy, Steve, Carrie, Ellen, Cindy, Stephen, Catherine, Rock
Iris, David, Luis, Ryn, Tom, Alex, Toshi, Emily, Prudence
Julian

Speakers:
Session I:
Tom: (Happy people do enjoy life more.)

Catherine: (Happy men are happy because they like to skip the difficulties.)

Toshi: (Try to enjoy every moment and cherish the process than the goal.)

Rock: (Airline pilots shall pass through the mental status evaluation regularly.)

Session II
Ryn: (People faced some stress then people definitely “grew up”,
Innovation is not relevant to age. Mark Zuckerberg invented Facebook in his young age.)

Emily: (Stress makes our lives became not so interesting.)

David: (Good environment /Culture, education system, ............../ is one guarantee of innovation. Stress also makes people are innovative.
Some terrorists are so innovative. Such as the idea on 911 case.)

Iris: (People have more desires and became more creative. Happier people have more sense of humor.
Young people have more innovation because they have nothing to lose.)

Amy: (None likes to live in ISIS. Sharing the travelling experiences in Europe. I prefer to live in Paris, but the life expense in Germany is cheaper.
Frensh friendly said "bonjour" to me, but German showed no expression on their faces )

Julian: (Good environment promotes Inspiration. Inspiration promotes Innovation.)

New vocabulary/expression sheet:

Melancholia 憂鬱症
Ignorant 無知的

Session II Question 5. One well-known person once said: “Youth is no guarantee of innovation.”
Who was the person? And, do you agree that?

Quote from movie "Skyfall" in the scene of gallery: (007 met new Q, the young Quartmaster)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ9H31z7OqM

Q: 007. I'm your new Quartermaster.

James Bond: You must be joking.

Q: Why, because I'm not wearing a lab coat?

James Bond: Because you still have spots.

Q: My complexion is hardly relevant.

James Bond: Your competence is.

Q: Age is no guarantee of efficiency.

James Bond: And youth is no guarantee of innovation.
最後由 Lawrencenz Cheng 於 週一 3月 30, 2015 12:09 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 7 次。
頭像
toshi
YOYO member
聯繫:

文章 toshi »

摘自:童年與解放 Section 六十五 (黃武雄先生著)

人在充滿偏見的文明社會中長大,思想經常會套上多重的桎梧,而不一定自覺,甚至把這層層的桎梧隨時強加到別人身上,而不自知。

什麼是解放?解放是讓人從這多重的桎梧中掙脫出來。這一層層桎梧譬如既有的社會價值及規範、國家安全、宗教種族性別及階級之岐視、虛假的知識及理性等。在人進入文明社會一段時日之後,便牢牢綑綁了人。解放是還人以本來面目,讓人能用童年時認識世界的方式去重新體驗世界。這種認識方式的特質是把知識作為整體來了解,是無畏無休的嘗試錯誤、體驗與思辨,是免除人為的偏見。用童年這種特質去體驗世界,並以人進入文明之後逐步形成的抽象思維,不斷去進行價值規範與知識之解構與重構,而抱持懷疑主義之精神去破除教條,縫補並堅實自身內在的經驗網路,成為獨立自由的個人,這便是人的解放。

整體了解是人解放的基點,也是童年世界的特徵。在兒童的心目中,世界是一整體,知識也隨著是一整體。母親的悲喜、村里市鎮的作息分工與日月草木之變化多姿,對於兒童是一體而不可分割的。而母親、村鎮與日月草木則分別為文明知識中之人文學、社會科學與自然科學的原形。可是人進入文明的軌道,尤其到近代,專業分工過分精細,人對世界的了解卻只局限於狹隘的專業,人的知識因分割而碎裂。原本專業知識像船,整體了解像大海。整體了解使人認識自己的世界,使人通達而自由,使人建立起解放的生活態度與生命價值。有整體了解作為基礎的專業知識,尤其專業研究與創造,會始人深刻體會到文明知識的大殿堂中的一磚一石,都曾注入前人多少智慧與心力,而願意批判地把自己投身於人類文明的創造活動中。專業知識反過來,也會深化人的整體了解,使人對世界的整體了解不致華而不實。

但失去整體了解的專業知識,會阻滯人的思想,使人設限在小小世界之內,猶自以為尖端而優越。人沒有整體了解,其專業知識便容易流為純技術或變為社會組織的工具,數理科技如此,詩詞歌賦亦然。事實上,專業知識原本是人的創造活動所留下來的經驗。文學藝術是人對人世的刻劃,數理生物則為人與自然的對話。當專業知識不再是人的活動經驗,而只變成工具,那麼人便也異化為工具。這是文明社會在物質豐裕的同時,所面臨的一種難以解決的困境。
隨你所喜
或酒、或詩、或是喜!
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 898
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

First, thank Lawrence for helping Shirley host the meeting and making such wonderful notes for us! I am grateful to see a happy YoYo family! :)

For our wise member, Toshi, I will need sometime to digest all the wisdom in this article before I can make any comments!

Anyhow, Saturday's meetings are getting more fun . Hope we can make Tuesdays' more energetic and exciting, too! :)
Shirley Hsu
YOYO member
文章: 35
註冊時間: 週日 8月 03, 2014 8:43 pm

文章 Shirley Hsu »

Sorry for my absence at Saturday meeting yesterday.

I was so busy and occupied recently. I would like to thank all the attendee to support this topic with such wonderful and diversified opinions as the note attached by Lawrence. They are so abundant and far beyond my expectation.

I hope to be host soon and I will get the job done myself. Thank the replacement, Lawrence.

Good luck to all the members and have a nice day!

Shirley
Lawrencenz Cheng

文章 Lawrencenz Cheng »

Shirley Hsu 寫:Sorry for my absence at Saturday meeting yesterday.

I was so busy and occupied recently. I would like to thank all the attendee to support this topic with such wonderful and diversified opinions as the note attached by Lawrence. They are so abundant and far beyond my expectation.

I hope to be host soon and I will get the job done myself. Thank the replacement, Lawrence.

Good luck to all the members and have a nice day!

Shirley
You are welcome! It is my pleasure. :D
Lawrencenz Cheng

文章 Lawrencenz Cheng »

toshi 寫:摘自:童年與解放 Section 六十五 (黃武雄先生著)

什麼是解放?解放是讓人從這多重的桎梧中掙脫出來。這一層層桎梧譬如既有的社會價值及規範、國家安全、宗教種族性別及階級之岐視、虛假的知識及理性等。在人進入文明社會一段時日之後,便牢牢綑綁了人。解放是還人以本來面目,讓人能用童年時認識世界的方式去重新體驗世界。這種認識方式的特質是把知識作為整體來了解,是無畏無休的嘗試錯誤、體驗與思辨,是免除人為的偏見。用童年這種特質去體驗世界,並以人進入文明之後逐步形成的抽象思維,不斷去進行價值規範與知識之解構與重構,而抱持懷疑主義之精神去破除教條,縫補並堅實自身內在的經驗網路,成為獨立自由的個人,這便是人的解放。

整體了解是人解放的基點,也是童年世界的特徵。在兒童的心目中,世界是一整體,知識也隨著是一整體。母親的悲喜、村里市鎮的作息分工與日月草木之變化多姿,對於兒童是一體而不可分割的。而母親、村鎮與日月草木則分別為文明知識中之人文學、社會科學與自然科學的原形。可是人進入文明的軌道,尤其到近代,專業分工過分精細,人對世界的了解卻只局限於狹隘的專業,人的知識因分割而碎裂。原本專業知識像船,整體了解像大海。整體了解使人認識自己的世界,使人通達而自由,使人建立起解放的生活態度與生命價值。有整體了解作為基礎的專業知識,尤其專業研究與創造,會始人深刻體會到文明知識的大殿堂中的一磚一石,都曾注入前人多少智慧與心力,而願意批判地把自己投身於人類文明的創造活動中。專業知識反過來,也會深化人的整體了解,使人對世界的整體了解不致華而不實。

但失去整體了解的專業知識,會阻滯人的思想,使人設限在小小世界之內,猶自以為尖端而優越。人沒有整體了解,其專業知識便容易流為純技術或變為社會組織的工具,數理科技如此,詩詞歌賦亦然。事實上,專業知識原本是人的創造活動所留下來的經驗。文學藝術是人對人世的刻劃,數理生物則為人與自然的對話。當專業知識不再是人的活動經驗,而只變成工具,那麼人便也異化為工具。這是文明社會在物質豐裕的同時,所面臨的一種難以解決的困境。
Specific professionals bring individual benefit.
Profit oriented activities without humanistic view causing global damages and ruining this planet.
Mutual benefit shall be the right way.
Somehow, man's view is becoming as narrower as one "$" sign. :lol:
Very sad! :cccry:
頭像
toshi
YOYO member
聯繫:

文章 toshi »

Iris Wu 寫:First, thank Lawrence for helping Shirley host the meeting and making such wonderful notes for us! I am grateful to see a happy YoYo family! :)

For our wise member, Toshi, I will need sometime to digest all the wisdom in this article before I can make any comments!

Anyhow, Saturday's meetings are getting more fun . Hope we can make Tuesdays' more energetic and exciting, too! :)
Iris,

I love this article so much. And I will read it once in a while in order to avoid lost myself.
隨你所喜
或酒、或詩、或是喜!
頭像
toshi
YOYO member
聯繫:

文章 toshi »

Lawrencenz Cheng 寫:
toshi 寫:摘自:童年與解放 Section 六十五 (黃武雄先生著)

Specific professionals bring individual benefit.
Profit oriented activities without humanistic view causing global damages and ruining this planet.
Mutual benefit shall be the right way.
Somehow, man's view is becoming as narrower as one "$" sign. :lol:
Very sad! :cccry:
That's why we must always be vigilant, otherwise the only existence in our eyes will be the "$" sign!!
隨你所喜
或酒、或詩、或是喜!
回覆文章