12/30 (Tue.) it seems justifiable? (Host: Luis)

Tina Sun
YOYO member
文章: 414
註冊時間: 週三 10月 02, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: 12/30 (Tue.) it seems justifiable? (Host: Luis)

文章 Tina Sun »

Equality vs. Justice:
People are not born equal. I don't think we want the equality of outcome, instead, we should pursue the equal opportunity and equal access for all. “Justice” should mean we provide tall and short people same opportunities to access all the boxes available, the result could be that the tallest one grab one box, the shortest one grab two boxes, so the tallest one is still taller than the shortest one and have better view. The results may seem to be unequal, but I think it is justified as long as the equal opportunities are provided.
Excellent illustration, Iris!!!! You just enlighten me. :like:
Idris Elba can't be Bond because he's black. I don't think that is racism issue, but it sounds that one simple fact as what if the actress is the black girl in the "Snow White." Image that, unless this movie will be the one like "Meet the Spartans/Hunting and Fishing 這不是斯巴達". :D :) :lol: :P
Haha... can't help myself laughing... :lol: I think Lawrence's ideas make sense. Ha...
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 971
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

文章 Luis Ko »

to those ladies and gentlemen who came to the meeting tonight, thank you all for coming lo~ :mrgreen:
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
Tina Sun
YOYO member
文章: 414
註冊時間: 週三 10月 02, 2013 3:23 pm

文章 Tina Sun »

Attendees: 15
Host: Luis
Alex, Chris, Kooper, Lawrence, Leon, Liwen, Maggie, Peggy (newcomer), Rock, Ryu, Sabrina, Shirely, Stephen, Tina

Speakers for Session I: Stephen, Steve, Alex, Peggy, Rock
Speakers for Session II: Tina, Sabrina, Shirely
回覆文章