8/16 (Sat.) Look into Its Face (Host: Na'vi)

回覆文章
頭像
chiron
YOYO member
文章: 520
註冊時間: 週三 10月 03, 2007 4:23 pm

8/16 (Sat.) Look into Its Face (Host: Na'vi)

文章 chiron »

Dear all:
Some of you may have read this story about one businessman and his four wives. Let's read together again.

There was a rich merchant who had four wives. He loved the fourth wife the most and adorned her with rich robes and treated her to delicacies. He took great care of her and gave her nothing but the best.
He also loved the third wife very much. He’s very proud of her and always wanted to show off her to his friends. However, the merchant was always in great fear that she might run away with some other men.
He too, loved his second wife. She was a very considerate person, always patient and in fact was the merchant’s confidante. Whenever the merchant faced some problems ,he always turned to his second wife and she would always help him out and tide him through difficult times.
Now, the merchant's first wife was a very loyal partner and has made great contributions in maintaining his wealth and business as well as taking care of the household. However, the merchant did not love the first wife and although she loved him deeply, he hardly took notice of her.
One day, the merchant fell ill. Before long, he knew that he was going to die soon. He thought of his luxurious life and told himself, " Now I have four wives with me. But when I die, I'll be alone. How lonely I’ll be!”
Thus, he asked the fourth wife, “I loved you most, endowed you with the finest clothing and showered great care over you. Now that I’m dying, will you follow me and keep me company?" " No way!" replied the fourth wife and she walked away without another word.
The answer cut like a sharp knife right into the merchant's heart. The sad merchant then asked the third wife, " I have loved you so much for all my life. Now that I’m dying, will you follow me and keep me company?” " No!" replied the third wife. " Life is so good over here! I’m going to remarry when you die!” The merchant's heart sank and turned cold.
He then asked the second wife, " I always turned to you for help and you've always helped me out. Now I need your help again. When I die, will you follow me and keep me company?” "I’m sorry, I can't help you out this time!" replied the second wife. “At the very most, I can only send you to your grave. ’,The answer came like a bolt of thunder and the merchant was devastated.
Then a voice called out : " I’ll leave with you. I’ll follow you no matter where you go." The merchant looked up and there was his first wife. She was so skinny, almost like she suffered from malnutrition. Greatly grieved, the merchant said, "I should have taken much better care of you while I could have ! ”
Actually, we all have 4 wives in our lives.
a. The fourth wife is our body. No matter how much time and effort we lavish in making it look good, it'll leave us when we die.
b. Our third wife ? Our possessions, status and wealth. When we die, they all go to others.
c. The second wife is our family and friends. No matter how close they had been there for us when we’re alive,the furthest they can stay by us is up to the grave.
d. The first wife is in fact our soul, often neglected in our pursuit of material, wealth and sensual pleasure.

The fable points out an inevitable truth everyone will face some day in the future, that is, we will pass away no matter we believe it or not. To look into the face of death may not be easy, but it should be the best solution to overcome it.

Session 1
1. What's the meaning/image of death to you? Why?
2. Are you afraid of that? How strong?
3. What will be your main concern/worry at the moment of death? What do you do to prepare yourself for that?
4. What wish you must fulfill or goal you must achieve before death?

Session 2
Watch these two videos (with tissues) firstly.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1lIkVrWoK2U
http://www.taiwanfuneral.com/Detail.php?LevelNo=2574

1. Have you thought of writing your own "living will"? What will/did you mention? And to whom?
2.. Have you thought of organizing your own farewell ceremony? How would you like it to be? What music you want to play? Who do you like to invite, who don't you like to, why or why not? What do you like to say to them if possible?
3. What burial style will you choose? Why? And what do you like to inscribe on tombstone if any?

************************************************************************************************************************

Agenda:
3:45 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 4:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
5:15 ~ 5:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

********************************************************************************************************************

聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:請準時 4:00 pm 到 ~ 約 6:30 pm 左右結束
星期六聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
1. 文章是否需要列印請自行斟酌,但與會者請務必自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備2~3分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表1~2分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以5到10句英文表達
個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
Please call me Na'vi!
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: 8/16 (Sat.) Look into Its Face (Host: Na'vi)

文章 Michael-liu »

This topic is related to your job. Good topic!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Wow!! Thanks so much. The first video is sooooo great. It's an emotional shock. I still cannot get back from it now.

The tissue paper warning is not good enough. In the beginning, the father introduced an inevitable sadness; the lovely little girl took it pitifully, but bravely; the final scene of her "I won the hide and seek, may I cry now?" totally made me cried my eyes out (and fumbled for them on the floor). It's like a three-minute Titanic movie, with different Jack and Rose.

PS. However, the insurance company's part ruined everything in the end. They shouldn't have been that obvious after they showed people such a touching story. It will only them look fake. What a fatal flaw!
頭像
chiron
YOYO member

文章 chiron »

For latecomers

圖檔

The final wall means 'death'.
Please call me Na'vi!
頭像
chiron
YOYO member

文章 chiron »

Rock 寫:Wow!! Thanks so much. The first video is sooooo great. It's an emotional shock. I still cannot get back from it now.

The tissue paper warning is not good enough. In the beginning, the father introduced an inevitable sadness; the lovely little girl took it pitifully, but bravely; the final scene of her "I won the hide and seek, may I cry now?" totally made me cried my eyes out (and fumbled for them on the floor). It's like a three-minute Titanic movie, with different Jack and Rose.

PS. However, the insurance company's part ruined everything in the end. They shouldn't have been that obvious after they showed people such a touching story. It will only them look fake. What a fatal flaw!
I don't know you could also be such sentimental. Thanks for your rich feedback.

Well, it's commercial film in its nature, but that also relates to your belief to the value of advertisement.
Please call me Na'vi!
回覆文章